What is Dossier?
Dossier is an online platform for users to manage their scholarly materials. This article will provide an overview of the features of Dossier as well as Dossier Deliver and Dossier Institution.
Dossier is an online platform for users to collect and curate scholarly materials, request and receive confidential letters of recommendation, and prepare for upcoming evaluations. A Dossier account never expires and documents stored in it remain indefinitely. Dossier gives users the opportunity to collect and organize their materials before they need to be used.
Dossier is a free, online platform that provides one centralized account where users can collect and manage confidential letters of recommendation and other materials needed for review, funding opportunities, admission to graduate school, jobs in higher education, and other academic and professional opportunities.
With a Dossier account, users can:
- Collect: Gather all necessary and confidential academic documents in a single, secure location.
- Curate: Create thematic collections of materials for different opportunity types.
- Organize: Simplify the academic career by staying on top of deadlines.
- Manage letters of recommendation: Eliminate hassle for letter writers (and requesters) with a system for soliciting and storing confidential letters for life.
- Search for jobs: Search Interfolio's database of opportunities as well as results from other job boards.
- Apply to Interfolio-hosted positions: Create deliveries of materials to institutions that partner with Interfolio through an easy step-by-step application process. Deliveries to Interfolio-hosted positions are referred to as applications and any user can apply for free to these positions.
- Get full support: Access intelligent customer support for all technical and submission issues.
Dossier Deliver is the premium delivery and material curation package. With a paid upgrade to Dossier Deliver, the Dossier account can be used to deliver letters of recommendation and other application materials such as CV, evaluations, and writing samples where they need to go.
With a Dossier Deliver subscription users can:
- Send deliveries: Create deliveries of materials and letters of recommendation to send to opportunities/applications.
- Get feedback: Share non-confidential materials and receive feedback from mentors, or trusted individuals. Materials and collections of materials can be shared with anyone regardless of whether that person has an Interfolio account.
- Have letters of recommendation quality checked: All letters of recommendation will be checked for essential components including letterhead and signature.
Confidential Letters of Recommendation cannot be shared with the Share feature.
Dossier Institution is the institutionally provided package to prepare for reviews as well as store and organize materials. Dossier Institution is designed to connect individual Dossier accounts to the product for institutional review, Review, Promotion & Tenure (RPT); and also the product for activity tracking, Interfolio Faculty Activity Reporting (Faculty180).
With Dossier Institution users can:
- Get feedback: Share non-confidential materials and receive feedback from members at the same institution.
- Prepare: If enabled, RPT users can use Guidelines established by an institution to prepare for upcoming reviews.
- Import CV/Vita: If enabled, Faculty180 users can export a CV/Vita from their Faculty180 account.